CARPET CLEANING TIPS
3 Steps for Proper Carpet Care from the CRI (Carpet & Rug Institute)
Carpet cleaning can easily be compared to exercise – it’s tough and a lot of people don’t like to do it. However, if you get into a regular routine and keep it up, you will see great results and feel better for it. The same is true for regular carpet cleaning. Understanding the right way to clean carpet will help you save time by doing it correctly the first time with products that do the job right from the start. Not only will our green cleaning products help keep your carpet looking great, but they can also help meet the warranty requirements of the carpet manufacturer, which is important to many consumers. Below are three simple steps to keeping your carpet clean and looking great.
- Vacuum regularly with a well-functioning vacuum.
- Clean spots and spills quickly with products that do not damage the carpet or cause it to attract more dirt.
- Professionally deep clean your carpets at least every 6 to 12 months to remove built-up dirt and dust. For more cleaning benefits, try a more frequent 6-month cleaning routine.
Stop Dirt in Its Tracks
Preventing dirt and grime from getting on your carpet in the first place is a great way to keep it clean. The following helpful hints can stop dirt before it ever hits your carpet.
- Use mats: Outdoor and indoor mats or runners will greatly reduce the amount of dirt that enters your home.
- Take off your shoes: You can save wear and tear on your carpet by asking everyone to take their shoes off before walking on your carpet.
- Change your air filters: Change air filters in your heating and air-conditioning systems as recommended by the manufacturer’s directions. The more dust and particles removed by the filter, the fewer that fall onto the carpet & furniture.