HOME HEALTH STUDY
John’s Chem-Dry of Whatcom County is Your Trusted Partner in Removing Allergens and Bacteria from Your Home
In late 2014, we commissioned a leading independent air quality laboratory to conduct a study for us, with the goal of quantifying the healthfulness of our innovative Hot Carbonated Extraction (HCE) carpet and upholstery cleaning method. We tested not only allergen and bacteria removal in our carpet cleaning, but also our upholstery cleaning, our Pet Urine Removal Treatment (P.U.R.T.®), tile, stone & grout cleaning, and granite countertop renewal. This study used a cross-section of various consumer homes throughout both the US and the rest of the world. Both our Hot Carbonating Extraction
We were pleased to see that our process yielded superior results through these studies, confirming that John’s Chem-Dry of Whatcom County is the best choice for healthy home cleaning services in Bellingham, WA
Carpet & Upholstery
We remove an average of 98.1% of common household allergens from carpets and upholstery (combined). The common household allergens we tested were cat dander, dog dander
- We remove an average of 97.4% of allergens from carpets.
- We remove an average of 99.1% of allergens from upholstery.
- We remove an average of 89.0% of airborne bacteria in the home, significantly improving indoor air quality. This test incorporated the addition of a sanitizer to the cleaning process.
Pet Urine Removal Treatment (P.U.R.T.®)
This test showed that our process yields significant results against the most common odor sources from cat and dog urine:
- Our P.U.R.T.® treatment is 99.9% effective on average at eliminating pet urine odors.
- Our P.U.R.T.® treatment removes an average of 99.2% of the bacteria from the pet urine stains in the carpets. The independent lab tested our HCE process along with a sanitizer (Milgo Plus) and P.U.R.T.® III against bacteria in pet urine stains in carpets.
Tile, Stone & Grout
The independent lab tested our Tile, Stone & Grout Cleaning Process along with a sanitizer (using Milgo Plus in some tests and Benefect Decon 30 in others) on tile surfaces.
- Our Tile, Stone & Grout cleaning process along with a sanitizer removed an average of 98.6% of the bacteria from the tile surfaces.
Granite Countertop Renewal
The independent lab tested our Granite Countertop Renewal Cleaning Process along with a sanitizer (using Milgo Plus in some tests and Benefect Decon 30 in others) on granite countertops.
- Our Granite Countertop Renewal cleaning process along with a sanitizer removed an average of 98.4% of the bacteria from the granite countertop surfaces.
Carpets as well as area rugs and upholstered furniture act as giant filters, trapping allergens and bacteria and keeping them out of the air we breathe. But, just like an air filter, carpets become
Tested and Proven Results
REMOVING ALLERGENS FROM YOUR HOME
All of us, and particularly those who suffer from allergies and disorders like asthma, are greatly impacted by indoor air quality and the
*Based on results from a study conducted by an independent laboratory using the Chem-Dry Hot Carbonating Extraction process. Allergens tested were dog and cat dander and dust mite allergen. Airborne bacteria results include
Watch this video to see how we remove 98% of allergens and 89% of bacteria from your home with our Hot Carbonated Extraction cleaning process:
Call Today For A Free Price Quote!
Mon - Sat: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
2915 Cowgill Ave
Bellingham, WA 98225