WOOL CARPET CARE
How to Best Care for Wool
It is inevitable that you will get spots and spills on your wool carpet. Here at John’s Chem-Dry of Whatcom County we know how important of an investment a piece of wool carpet can be, for this reason, it is so important to care for them properly. One of the most important aspects of carpet maintenance is the removal of spots and spills. When dealing with these carpet blunders, act as quickly as possible and always have the necessary cleaning materials close at hand. We have compiled a few tips for your wool carpet care needs.
Five Steps of Effective Wool Carpet Care
- Place absorbent mats at the most frequently used entrances to your home. Be sure to clean the mats when these mats become dirty. It is also a great idea to frequently change filters in your heating and air conditioning systems in order to keep dust particles out of the air.
- Maintain a routine vacuuming schedule. An upright vacuum with a beater bar/brush is the best type for cut pile carpet. A suction-only vacuum may be required for loop pile Berber carpets to prevent excessive fuzzing. We recommend emptying the vacuum cleaner dust bag when half full.
- Pay special attention to the traffic lanes and the areas in front of frequently used chairs. These areas may require more frequent cleaning
- Always save a few paper towels along with cleaning solutions to quickly handle everyday spills and accidents.
- DO NOT apply stain repellent treatments which contain any silicone as they tend to accelerate carpet soiling. (Some carpet manufacturers do not accept responsibility for complaints where such treatments have been used.) When having your wool carpet professionally cleaned by Chem-Dry, ask about our Wool Safe® products.
Call Today For A Free Price Quote!
Mon - Sat: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
2915 Cowgill Ave
Bellingham, WA 98225